Rss

Performing Arts Theatre

Home Forums Share Your View! Performing Arts Theatre

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Laurie Switzer 3 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Moku Farms
    Participant

Is there a non-profit group in Encinitas that could help propel forward the idea of a music-dance-drama stage in town ??? PV or even a different location…

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Moku Farms.

John Smith
    Participant

Dear Citizens for More Government

My street has holes big enough to hide in, this applies to most of our fair city as I believe the overlay program has gone away, and you want to raise taxes ( ie sales tax ) and float bonds for an art center and in the interim have a farmers market for 10 million dollars? What happened to being frugal Barth? less government and now this is what you want a bust of yourself or a plague, maybe a park bench.

You are not in touch with reality. This think tank has left the station Chatfield and these trains are in position for a head on collision right here in Encinitas. This however does not surprise me considering downtown does have the best streets, the nicest sidewalks and the tree’s are well groomed. You folks freeze salaries for the employee’s of the City of Encinitas and now you want an art center. Earth to Mars, there is no intelligent life here.
    John Smith
    Encinitas

Joe Swoboda
    Participant

Dear John Smith and company,

Reality – an essential topic. In spite of being an oft spoken word by my wife for what I don’t share with her, isn’t reality more a matter of history remembered and vision engendered, than a dollar value? Certainly there are practical needs in the city, but wouldn’t a long range vision, one in which the ideal is built in stages, address those needs? Shouldn’t money support and shape the essential reality rather than oppose it? I think the momentum behind support for making this property public is preserving something of the unique good Encinitas has been and creating its unique potential good for the future. Yes?

I grew up in Encinitas. My grandfather had one of the first general stores. My mom’s grade school picture and report card are displayed in the Old School House. She worked in the La Paloma in the year it opened. My mom (I got to have two) also founded and ran Marcie’s Flowers on 101 for many years. The Encinitas remembered and treasured is about the beautiful environment shared and enjoyed by its citizens, it hardy pioneers, its creative arts and, of course that included the commerce and aesthetic of flowers. Remembering Encinitas leads me to this view on a Performing Arts Theater.

The fine arts are an essential good for the community and I hope a view for the fine arts theater will include and broaden beyond performance. Musical, Theatrical, Handcraft, Visual and other arts should abound. Educational opportunities should abound. AND so should social arts! Communities all over have lost much of their potential for gathering citizens together. The Moonlight Beach summer concerts are great for this and I think that spirit of gathering citizens should be part of the essential plans for a performing arts center.

A civic community needs public spaces for gathering to celebrate the arts as well as to be informed by them. I hope planning will visualize a multi-year development not to merely gain performing arts, but to create a place of beauty and gathering which invites its use for bringing PEOPLE together. As I’m sure others also envision, I add my support for gardens, outside staging, classrooms and a superior design for gathering people who come to enjoy concerts and presentations, a place people will want to hang out in, be together in, enjoy relaxed time in.

These, I think are essential realities, in remembering and creating an Encinitas worthy of the Pacific View project.

Joe Swoboda, Escondido

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Joe Swoboda.

Laurie Switzer
    Participant

thank you for sharing your idea and for having a vision for a creative, vibrant,collaborative future for encinitas.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.